Immigration Lawyer - Immigration Attorney- Law Firm
RESEARCHERS & ACADEMIA (EB-1)
Outstanding professors and researchers are recognized internationally for their outstanding academic achievements in a particular
field. In addition, an outstanding professor or researcher must have at least three years experience in teaching or research in that
academic area, and enter the U.S. in a tenure or tenure track teaching or comparable research position at a university or other
institution of higher education. If the employer is a private company rather that a university or educational institution, the
department, division, or institute of the private employer must employ at least three persons full time in research activities and
have achieved documented accomplishments in an academic field.
Evidence that the professor or researcher is recognized as outstanding in the academic field must include documentation of at least
two of the following:
- Receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement;
- Membership in associations that require their members to demonstrate outstanding achievements;
- Published material in professional publications written by others about the alien's work in the academic field;
- Participation, either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied academic field;
- Original scientific or scholarly research contributions in the field;
- Authorship of scholarly books or articles (in scholarly journals with international circulation) in the field.
While the EB-1 worker of extraordinary ability may petition for himself or herself, the employer must file the petition for an
outstanding professor or researcher and a multinational executive or manager.