CGFNS Case Tracking
The Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools has introduced a new Automated Voice Response System to allow people filing applications with CGNFS to check the status of cases via an automated phone system. Apparently, CGFNS knows about the INS' past reputation with its automated phone status check system and is prominently advertising that users can "Check the status of your file anytime, anywhere with no busy signals!"
To access the system, international callers need to dial 001+ 215-599-6200. In the US, call 1-215-599-6200.
Applicants will need to enter their CGFNS ID Number and birth date in order to access the system. The system provides callers with information on their
* Certification Program (for the current exam only), Credentials Evaluation Service or VisaScreen application, including the date the application was received and the current status of the file
* Provides the name and number of the Exam Center (for CP Program) and whether or not the permit has been mailed out (if your application has been approved)
* Provides information regarding the results for the previous Qualifying Exam (for the CP Program)
* Tells you when CGFNS expects to mail them out and whether or not results are being held for any reason (payment, missing documents, etc.)
- actual results will not be available due to security concerns
* Allows you to check the spelling of your name and address in the CGFNS database and
* Allows you to check if CGFNS has received your TOEFL score, and if CGFNS has not, it allows you to input your TOEFL appointment number (CGFNS cannot accept scores from the applicant).